Bahrain's Batelco launches first 4G video surveillance
Batelco's new video surveillance is the first one in Bahrain to be launched on a 4G LTE network (Courtesy of Trade Arabia)
Bahrain’s leading telecoms services operator Batelco said it has launched the video surveillance service on its robust 4G LTE network, a first for the Kingdom.
Batelco’s innovative technical teams have developed a first class service which delivers a new efficient way to utilise Closed Circuit Television (CCTV), said a statement from the company.
Batelco’s CCTV video surveillance enables businesses to conveniently monitor their premises, via instant online access leading to enhanced overall safety and security of businesses and also individuals, it stated.
Batelco recognises the need of businesses for reliable and effective security to safeguard their assets and properties. With this in mind, Batelco’s network engineers developed the capability of accessing its video surveillance solution over the 4G LTE network.
The solution allows the delivery of HD (High Definition) and real time video for centralised monitoring.
The launch of this innovative service shows that Batelco is not only a telecom provider, but also a leading ICT solutions provider, said the Batelco in its statement.
This step is in line with the company’s ongoing efforts to expand its physical security services portfolio to cater for the increasing demand for such services that have now become indispensible for any business.
“Businesses today have mission-critical needs that require high speed data throughput. Batelco, as a leader of innovation in the market, strives to provide its customers with the latest technology that satisfy their business requirements. To this end, Batelco capitalizes on the Next Generation technologies; like 4G LTE, to offer high speed data services that are capable of delivering real time video,” said Batelco GM (Enterprise Division) Adel Daylami.
The new service eliminates the need for fixed connectivity, thus allowing for easy and smooth deployment within a short span of time, explained Daylami.
Morever, Batelco’s 4G LTE technology has embedded security features deterring any unauthorised access to any data, he added.
- Nip, tuck: Dubai's grand plans for being a major player in medical tourism
- Zain, UNHCR, Facebook to bring free internet access to urban refugees in Jordan
- Yemen Central Bank headquarters to relocate from Sanaa to Aden
- IMF report details the crippling economic effects of conflict in MENA
- Start Up Lebanon entrepreneurs head to Silicon Valley Roadshow
- video mail launched by batelco first service of its kind for the kingdom of bahrain
- Batelco and Ericsson showcase video on demand over LTE at Bahrain International Airshow 2012
- du’s advanced 4G LTE network caters to increased connectivity needs over Eid
- Zain Bahrain breaks all prepaid rules with their new Dangerous prepaid
- Batelco Statement