Bahrain 'taking steps to ensure cement supply'
Bahrain Industry and Commerce Minister Dr Hassan Fakhro said the government was taking all concrete steps to meet the Kingdom's cement demand through co-ordination with parties concerned, including those outside, particularly in Saudi. His remarks came during a meeting with Al Saqer Cement Factory chairman Hisham Alrayes and chief executive Salah Al Sharif on Tuesday.
Dr. Fakhro also confirmed the government and ministry's keenness to provide initiatives led by the private sector to enhance the economic and urban sectors to achieve growth in line with the Economic Vision 2030. He said the government and the ministry support all initiatives that enhance the economy and provide people with goods and services to stimulate economic and urban development and achieve stability in prices and supplies.
He also pointed out the government's role in meeting cement demand and co-ordination with parties concerned, including those outside, particularly in Saudi Arabia, which supply ample quantities of cement on a regular basis to help stabilise prices in the local market. Assistant under-secretary for domestic trade Hameed Rahma also attended the meeting.
- New reports tells us all there is to know about salary increases in the GCC
- Misrata: Libya's 'entrepreneurial phoenix'?
- 'Dreams for Sale': an inside look into the domestic worker life in Lebanon
- A thriving black market: the lucrative business of runaway maids
- Going big (and small): 2015's hottest cars and trucks