Bahrain 'taking steps to ensure cement supply'
Bahrain Industry and Commerce Minister Dr Hassan Fakhro said the government was taking all concrete steps to meet the Kingdom's cement demand through co-ordination with parties concerned, including those outside, particularly in Saudi. His remarks came during a meeting with Al Saqer Cement Factory chairman Hisham Alrayes and chief executive Salah Al Sharif on Tuesday.
Dr. Fakhro also confirmed the government and ministry's keenness to provide initiatives led by the private sector to enhance the economic and urban sectors to achieve growth in line with the Economic Vision 2030. He said the government and the ministry support all initiatives that enhance the economy and provide people with goods and services to stimulate economic and urban development and achieve stability in prices and supplies.
He also pointed out the government's role in meeting cement demand and co-ordination with parties concerned, including those outside, particularly in Saudi Arabia, which supply ample quantities of cement on a regular basis to help stabilise prices in the local market. Assistant under-secretary for domestic trade Hameed Rahma also attended the meeting.
- Inedible oil: time to face the realities of food insecurity in the GCC
- Mena jack of all trades with projects totaling $2.5 trillion underway
- Giving their economies a 'new look': GCC headed towards the plastic option
- Does manufacturing hold the key to ending high unemployment in Jordan?
- Spotlight on Saudi women clothing manufacturing initiative