Bahrain 'taking steps to ensure cement supply'
Bahrain Industry and Commerce Minister Dr Hassan Fakhro said the government was taking all concrete steps to meet the Kingdom's cement demand through co-ordination with parties concerned, including those outside, particularly in Saudi. His remarks came during a meeting with Al Saqer Cement Factory chairman Hisham Alrayes and chief executive Salah Al Sharif on Tuesday.
Dr. Fakhro also confirmed the government and ministry's keenness to provide initiatives led by the private sector to enhance the economic and urban sectors to achieve growth in line with the Economic Vision 2030. He said the government and the ministry support all initiatives that enhance the economy and provide people with goods and services to stimulate economic and urban development and achieve stability in prices and supplies.
He also pointed out the government's role in meeting cement demand and co-ordination with parties concerned, including those outside, particularly in Saudi Arabia, which supply ample quantities of cement on a regular basis to help stabilise prices in the local market. Assistant under-secretary for domestic trade Hameed Rahma also attended the meeting.
- How the healthcare industry and populace can get the most from healthcare
- Delusion or reality? The new kind of 'industrial revolution' awaiting the Gulg
- Why the Middle East must invest its future in manufacturing AND innovation
- Israel to exploit Jordanian workers, "Made in Jordan" label to sell
- Is the halal food industry the answer to the Muslim world's food (in)security issues?