Bahrain 'taking steps to ensure cement supply'
The government and the ministry support all initiatives that enhance the economy
Click here to add Al Saqer Cement Factory as an alert
Disable alert for Al Saqer Cement Factory,
Click here to add Hassan Fakhro as an alert
Disable alert for Hassan Fakhro,
Click here to add Hisham Alrayes as an alert
Disable alert for Hisham Alrayes,
Click here to add News Service as an alert
Disable alert for News Service,
Click here to add Salah Al Sharif as an alert
Disable alert for Salah Al Sharif
Bahrain Industry and Commerce Minister Dr Hassan Fakhro said the government was taking all concrete steps to meet the Kingdom's cement demand through co-ordination with parties concerned, including those outside, particularly in Saudi. His remarks came during a meeting with Al Saqer Cement Factory chairman Hisham Alrayes and chief executive Salah Al Sharif on Tuesday.
Dr. Fakhro also confirmed the government and ministry's keenness to provide initiatives led by the private sector to enhance the economic and urban sectors to achieve growth in line with the Economic Vision 2030. He said the government and the ministry support all initiatives that enhance the economy and provide people with goods and services to stimulate economic and urban development and achieve stability in prices and supplies.
He also pointed out the government's role in meeting cement demand and co-ordination with parties concerned, including those outside, particularly in Saudi Arabia, which supply ample quantities of cement on a regular basis to help stabilise prices in the local market. Assistant under-secretary for domestic trade Hameed Rahma also attended the meeting.
- IMF report details the crippling economic effects of conflict in MENA
- Saudi Arabia's plastic consumption 20 times higher than global average
- VAT in Egypt: A guide to taxed and exempted goods
- Go big or go home: Expat salaries soar in Dubai
- Lebanon: Financial analysts warn of long-term economic repercussions after BLOM Bank attack
- Cemena Holding Company signs agreement with Sinoma CBMI to build a Cement Plant in Syria
- Ministry of Economy and Cement Producers Group sign MoU to stabilize cement prices and local market
- Durrat al Bahrain signs agreement with Jawad group to supply convenience stores
- DMCC issues guidelines to ensure the ethical and responsible trading of precious metals
- US Secretary of Commerce hails Bahrain economic steps