Bahrain Central Bank Treasury Bills oversubscribed by 297% this week
The Central Bank of Bahrain (CBB) announced yesterday (Monday: 6 May 2013) that this week’s BD35 million issue of Government Treasury Bills has been oversubscribed by 297%.
The bills, carrying a maturity of 91 days, are issued by the CBB, on behalf of the Government of the Kingdom of Bahrain. The issue date of the bills is 8th May 2013 and the maturity date is 7th August 2013.
The weighted average rate of interest is 0.68 %, compared with 0.69% for the previous issue on 1st May 2013. The approximate average price for the issue was 99.828 % with the lowest accepted price being 99.825 %.
This is issue No.1441 (ISIN BH0009673946) of Government Treasury Bills. With this, the total outstanding value of Government Treasury Bills is BD930 million. Source: www.cbb.gov.bh (IY) I.A BNA 0700 GMT 2013/05/07
- United Arab Bank makes AED250,000 contribution to Al Thiqah Club for the Handicapped
- Opening up: is Saudi Arabia's stock market ready for an upgrade?
- Severe symptom of a savings gap? Turkey leads Europe in credit card debt
- Gulf stocks facing some serious 'downward pressures'
- Long-anticipated hike: Dollar on track for best annual gain in nine years