Bahrain City Centre set to open its doors on September 1
Bahrain residents and tourists will soon experience its newest and most eagerly awaited shopping, entertainment and leisure destination, when the Bahrain City Centre opens on September 1 this year.
Strategically located in the heart of Manama on Sheikh Khalifa Bin Salman Road in the up and coming Seef District, Bahrain City Centre will stretch over three levels to occupy a total GLA area of 150,000 square metres. It will also incorporate two international hotels managed by Kempinski, with a total of 550 luxurious rooms offering 4 and 5 star facilities.
Bahrain City Centre has already created over 2,000 job opportunities and aims to attract over 15 million shoppers in its first operational year. The Kingdom's biggest multi-use development is expected to contribute significantly to the local economy.
Bahrain City Centre is being developed and managed by MAF Shopping Malls. Maintaining the group’s unsurpassed reputation of delivering the best in shopping, leisure, entertainment and retail services, Bahrain City Centre will offer an impressive list of attractions that include:
• The biggest indoor/outdoor climate controlled water park in the Middle East
• Cineco Cinema - the largest cinema complex in the region with 20-screens
• International and exclusive brands such as SAKS 5th Avenue, H&M, Aizone, Debenhams, Centre Point, Home Centre, Paris Gallery, Zara, Mango, Massimo Dutti, and other leading fashion names
• A 16,600 square meter Carrefour hypermarket - the first in the country
• The largest concentration of food and beverage outlets under one roof in the Kingdom that will extend over 9,700 square metres to include 11 coffee shops, 13 restaurants, 21 food court units and 9 smaller outlets serving juice, ice cream and other snacks – taking the total to 54 units
• Parking capacity for 5,500 vehicles
An iconic landmark in Bahrain’s horizon, Bahrain City Centre will be an ideal and convenient "getaway" destination for both residents as well as visitors from the neighbouring Saudi Arabia.
Shahram Shamsaee, Senior Vice-President – Asset Management, MAF Shopping Malls, commented: “The opening of Bahrain City Centre will be a truly proud moment for us. With an unrivalled selection of over 350 stores ranging from the world's most recognisable brands to popular local retailers, we will offer the widest product choices to our customers. Our mission is to offer a one-of-a-kind experience for everyone who visits us - never to be forgotten, always to be relived and to come back to again and again.”
© 2008 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)