Despite protests, Bahrain attempts to spur on economic development
Despite continuing protests in the Kingdom, Bahrain is attempting economic reform
Click here to add GCC Development Fund as an alert
Disable alert for GCC Development Fund,
Click here to add Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa as an alert
Disable alert for Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa,
Click here to add national economy and serve government as an alert
Disable alert for national economy and serve ...
Bahrain’s HRH Prime Minister Prince Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa directed all ministries and government departments to develop a comprehensive plan to set up major economic and development projects.
These could spur the national economy and serve government policies and strategies in industrial, oil and tourism sectors.
The Premier also directed all ministries and state departments to speed up finalising the practical, technical and executive aspects of government projects to be implemented as part of the GCC Development Fund.
He also requested the ministerial committee for financial and economic affairs to follow up this process.
This came as he chaired a government work meeting devoted to the economic situation.
The Premier reviewed economic and infrastructure achievements as well as government aspirations for a more dynamic and vibrant economy that can help it achieve its present and future goals.
He also expressing resolve to create a suitable environment to foster economic growth and carry on implementing vital projects that reflect positively on citizens' daily lives.
He praised the ongoing GCC partnership reflected in the GCC Development Fund for development projects in the kingdom, reviewing steps taken to ensure their speedy implementation.
He also issued directives to submit periodic reports on progress of those projects
- Al Tayer bucks the US department store trend with Bloomingdale's Kuwait opening
- Gulf Islamic banks set to outperform conventional banks for second year: Moody's
- Jordan secures EU finance for socioeconomic and environmental programs
- Same-day service deliveries in GCC an untapped market: Wing CEO
- Will terror attacks damper Arabs' appetite for European holidays?
- Despite protests and downgrades Bahrain to remain key financial hub
- Bahrain's National Planning Development Strategies Project launched
- Iraq is determined to develop its oil industry, despite attempts to dissuade it
- Budget surpluses seen to spur GCC growth in 2014; outlook still positive
- Bahrain’s non-oil economy surpasses growth projections