Top Bahrain hotel project to start early
The project was predicted to result in direct and indirect economic benefits for Bahrain of approximately $300 million over the next five to seven years
Work on the Four Seasons Hotel Bahrain Bay is ahead of schedule, said a report, adding that the fifth level of towers was now completed with more than 500,000 accident-free working hours logged onsite.
The project was predicted to result in direct and indirect economic benefits for Bahrain of approximately $300 million over the next five to seven years, with GCC tourism a major factor, according to the Bahrain News Agency.
Contractor Six Construct has a 1,200-strong team working in two shifts to speed up project completion. The Four Seasons Hotel project has already created more than 700 jobs, many of which are filled by Bahraini nationals.
Situated on a private island at the heart of Bahrain Bay, the luxury hotel is set to be completed in April 2014. Client representative and general manager of Bayside Developments, which is overseeing the project, Bob Vincent, said: "This project is key not just for the real estate sector, but also on a national economic level.
"As one of the cornerstone components of Bahrain Bay, we all understand that a project of this scale is an opportunity to demonstrate Bahrain's emergence from the global financial crisis and its sustainability as a GCC tourism hub.
"We have been extremely impressed with the way Six Construct has initiated the startup stages of the main works. "Working in partnership with a number of local contractors, they have responded to a demanding critical path and timeline. "As the project further evolves towards our targeted opening in 2014 we will see further evidence of how the construction, tourism and government sectors of Bahrain are collaborating to support growth opportunities."
The 201-metre, 50-storey hotel includes 263 guest rooms and includes world-class spa and leisure facilities, a suspended 'Sky Pod' restaurant, meeting and event space, four dining options and panoramic city and sea views for guestrooms and suites.
- Al Tayer bucks the US department store trend with Bloomingdale's Kuwait opening
- Gulf Islamic banks set to outperform conventional banks for second year: Moody's
- Jordan secures EU finance for socioeconomic and environmental programs
- Same-day service deliveries in GCC an untapped market: Wing CEO
- Will terror attacks damper Arabs' appetite for European holidays?
- Bahrain’s Riffa Views to complete signature golf course six months early
- Bahrain: Work on building new tower project ahead of schedule
- Bahrain Bay tower project under way for completion in 2014
- KFH-BAHRAIN TOP SPONSOR OF UPCOMING INVESTING IN TECHNOLOGY FORUM; BANK UNDERSCORES SUPPORT FOR DEVELOPMENT OF BAHRAIN AS REGIONAL TECHNOLOGY HUB
- durrat al bahrain to participate in top property exhibition in kuwait