Interest rates up in Bahrain
The average rate of interest on trade loans offered by Bahrain banks has risen to 5.24 per cent at the end of third quarter of this year, compared to 4.79 per cent in the same period last year, reports our sister paper Akhbar Al Khaleej.
Average rate of interest on construction and development sector increased from 4.99 per cent to 5.24 per cent during the review period, said the report citing the Central Bank of Bahrain data. The industrial sector in Bahrain saw its rate of interest fall from 4.58 per cent to 3.73 per cent.
- Qatar expansion driving down credit growth - Barclays
- 7% of Emaratis had to deal with a false positive with their bank - survey
- Trade between 18 Arab countries hikes to $2.1 trillion - IMF
- Allocating more funds to SWF would improve Saudi wealth returns
- Sovereign wealth funds in GCC focus more on local investments