Bahrain issues $6.6 million airport tender
The Bahraini government is inviting investors to bid for a 2.5 million Bahraini dinar ($6.6 million) project to build a 49.5-meter high control tower at the Kingdom’s International airport. The tender winner will be announced in six months’ time.
The new tower is part of a governmental plan to increase the Bahrain International Airport (BIA)’s passenger capacity from four million travelers to six million. Some BD 62.5 million will be invested into the scheme, which includes the expansion of terminals and facility upgrades.
Located just outside of Manama, BIA has been chosen by a number of international airlines, including cargo carriers and charter flight operators as their regional hub in the Middle East. The airport now handles more than 1.5 million transfer passengers a year. — (menareport.com)
© 2002 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Five firms bid for $52 million expansion of Bahrain's airport
- Tenders worth up to US$2 billion for work on Qatar’s New Doha International Airport to be issued in May
- Bahrain Issues New Tenders Law
- Egypt invites tenders for Alexandria airport expansion
- Bahrain Airport Company begins new airport expansion