Bahrain: Listed companies posted average 35.2% growth
Data recently released by the Bahrain Stock Exchange has shown 35.2% growth of net profits posted in 2005 by the Bahraini Public Shareholding companies listed on BSE in comparison to 2004’s net profits, as it increased form BD 282.63 million in 2004 to BD 517.48 million in 2005.
Statistics showed that all Sectors have reported growth with different percentages as the Insurance Sector came on the top of the list with 72.1%, followed by Investment Sector with 56%, then Hotels & Tourism with 43.5%.
In terms of posted net profits, Investment Sector comes first with BD230.15 million representing 44.48% of the total net profits. Commercial Banks came second with net profits of BD131.64 million representing 25.44% of the total net profits, followed by Services Sector with 26.64%.
Listed Companies that announced their financial results for the year 2005 until March 31st were 35 companies out of 38, where none of them posted any loss.
© 2006 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Bahrain: Net profits of public shareholding companies up
- ASE-listed firms distribute 50 percent of net profits to shareholders
- Bahrain Stock Exchange posting growth during H1 of 2008
- Zamil Industrial announces financial results for period ending 30/06/2007
- Zamil Industrial announces interim financial results