Bahrain: Needy families might become homeless
A plan to renovate the homes of needy families could actually force the people it is supposed to help onto the street, according to municipal councillors, cited by the GDN. That is because they may have to move out while the renovations are carried out.
Manama Municipal Councillor Sadiq Rahma added the people most in need of help could be made homeless while the BD500,000 scheme goes on.
- Arab men rush in: Syrian beauties left homeless make prize brides
- Bahrain might've dodged the Arab Spring bullet, but it really needs to get its economic affairs together
- Saudi Arabia might finally give up its Thursday-Friday weekend
- Sticky security situation but Lebanon is hopeful about summer tourists
- 'VIP coupons' and preferential distribution: Gazans left to chase aid agencies for life