Bahrain: Plans to construct new community hall on government lands put off
Plans to construct a new community hall in Muharraq have been scrapped. According to the GDN, the Muharraq Municipal Council had given the green light for the BD120,000 community hall in February, but changed its plans after residents submitted a petition against it.
The residents claim they would rather have a public park in the area directed to the project. Had the project gone ahead, it would have been built on government land at the expense of Muharraq Governor Salman Bin Hindi and his brother Saleh Bin Hindi, King Hamad's youth and sports adviser.
- Bahrain plans to urbanise
- New prayer halls to be built at Dubai's public parks
- Construction of Arcapita HQ and Four Seasons hotel underway at Bahrain Bay
- Quarterly report shows Middle East hotel construction pipeline at 527 projects/155,989 guestrooms
- Netanyahu approves construction of 300 more units after two settlement buildings bulldozed