Bahrain plans new city
A new city will soon be built in Bahrain's Southern Governorate, GDN has reported. It will house 90,000 people, Municipalities and Agriculture Ministry natural planning director Khalid Ahmed Al Ansari told parliament's public infrastructure and environment committee in a meeting.
The new city will include Askar village, Jaw and parts of Riffa and Zallaq.
- Bahrain's Industrial City to prop up economy with surplus jobs
- Bahrain: Housing project promised to Zallaq village
- What the Arab Spring was about: UAE developer plans $80 billion giant city in Cairo
- Bahrain's Kingdom Intellectual City project
- Bahrain City Centre set to add significantly to the Kingdom’s economy