Bahrain: Plans for new theme park shelved
Plans to allow a private investor to develop the Grand Muharraq Garden into a BD5 million theme park have been put off. Now, Muharraq Municipal Council is to woo look for new bids from other potential investors.
The park would have been constructed on an area of 86,780 square metres and leased to the investor for 30 years. According to the GDN, the investor would have paid an annual lease of BD42,000, increasing by 10 per cent every four years.
- And you thought Bahrain was tiny! $52.7 million Bahraini theme park to include weather and gravity defying gigs
- U.S. firm announces collaboration with Dubai to open new theme park in 2017, and even Bollywood is part of the plan!
- Bahrain: New theme park opens
- Bahrain: New theme park to be built
- Bahrain: New Disneyland-styled theme park to be built