Bahrain to harness its sun with new power project
Click here to add Abdulhussain Mirza as an alert
Disable alert for Abdulhussain Mirza,
Click here to add Al Khaleej as an alert
Disable alert for Al Khaleej,
Click here to add Awali and Bahrain University as an alert
Disable alert for Awali and Bahrain University,
Click here to add National Oil and Gas Authority as an alert
Disable alert for National Oil and Gas Authority,
Click here to add US Petra as an alert
Disable alert for US Petra,
Click here to add US Petra Solar as an alert
Disable alert for US Petra Solar
Bahrain will implement a $25 million solar energy project on an experimental basis to produce up to 5MW of power, said a senior government official.
The National Oil and Gas Authority and Bapco have signed an agreement with US Petra Solar to build the project, Energy Minister Dr Abdulhussain Mirza told our sister paper Akhbar Al Khaleej.
The project will benefit the Bapco township of Awali and Bahrain University, among other locations, he added.
- Al Tayer bucks the US department store trend with Bloomingdale's Kuwait opening
- Gulf Islamic banks set to outperform conventional banks for second year: Moody's
- Jordan secures EU finance for socioeconomic and environmental programs
- Same-day service deliveries in GCC an untapped market: Wing CEO
- Will terror attacks damper Arabs' appetite for European holidays?
- here comes the sun – harnessing solar power as a major energy source
- DP World launches pilot project to harness solar power at Nhava Sheva
- Sun Microsystems Chosen to Power Saudi Arabia Population and Housing Census Project
- Swicorp, CDC to Invest with NorSun in first-of-its-kind Solar Energy Project in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia