Bahrain to harness its sun with new power project
Bahrain will implement a $25 million solar energy project on an experimental basis to produce up to 5MW of power, said a senior government official.
The National Oil and Gas Authority and Bapco have signed an agreement with US Petra Solar to build the project, Energy Minister Dr Abdulhussain Mirza told our sister paper Akhbar Al Khaleej.
The project will benefit the Bapco township of Awali and Bahrain University, among other locations, he added.
- Egyptian stocks plummet as Yemen confict deepens
- Mission to Mars: UAE plans Arab region's first unmanned probe
- Supervising the stoners: Egyptian tobacco traders call for the legalization of cannabis
- Ethiopia launches $2.8m research survey for Nile basin development
- UAE sweetens flotation regulations to attract more investment
- here comes the sun – harnessing solar power as a major energy source
- DP World launches pilot project to harness solar power at Nhava Sheva
- Sun Microsystems Chosen to Power Saudi Arabia Population and Housing Census Project
- Swicorp, CDC to Invest with NorSun in first-of-its-kind Solar Energy Project in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia