Bahrain to harness its sun with new power project
Bahrain will implement a $25 million solar energy project on an experimental basis to produce up to 5MW of power, said a senior government official.
The National Oil and Gas Authority and Bapco have signed an agreement with US Petra Solar to build the project, Energy Minister Dr Abdulhussain Mirza told our sister paper Akhbar Al Khaleej.
The project will benefit the Bapco township of Awali and Bahrain University, among other locations, he added.
- Tunisian, Moroccan Chambers of Commerce meet to discuss economic partnership
- Winter wonderland: Dubai debuts Aspen Chalets with view of Ski Dubai
- Egyptian economic experts predict inflation rate will continue to climb
- Shoura Council: Expats cannot buy property in Mecca, Medina, Riyadh
- Tensions increase between Egypt, Italy over renewable energy projects
- here comes the sun – harnessing solar power as a major energy source
- DP World launches pilot project to harness solar power at Nhava Sheva
- Sun Microsystems Chosen to Power Saudi Arabia Population and Housing Census Project
- Swicorp, CDC to Invest with NorSun in first-of-its-kind Solar Energy Project in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia