Bahrain, Sudan to launch Islamic reinsurance company
Bahrain and Sudan are finalising the modalities to launch the world’s first Takaful Re or Islamic reinsurance company to tap the huge business opportunities in the Islamic world.
Chairman of the Bahrain Insurance Association (BIA), Samir Al Wazzan, told Bahrain Tribune Monday that there was huge potential of growth in this highly specialised segment of Islamic insurance.
Al Wazzan, who held talks with the visiting Sudanese delegation led by the First Deputy Governor of Bank of Sudan, Dr. Monim Mahmood Al Gosi, said that Sudan being a pioneer in the Islamic insurance would help to launch this project.
Al Wazzan, who also serves as general manager of Bahrain Solidarity, said that Sudan’s expertise would be utilised in setting up the Takaful Re project.
He said that Solidarity would enter into Qatari market by mid-June as part of business strategy of the company.
The Sudanese delegation was in Bahrain on a two-day official visit. (menareport.com)
© 2004 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- CBB licenses Hannover Re Takaful
- Arig leads group of financial institutions to launch ‘Takaful Re’ , The first major Islamic Reinsurance Company
- Arig Leads Group Of Financial Institutions To Launch ‘Takaful Re’ , The first major Islamic Reinsurance Company
- Aman launches new Islamic insurance service scheme for vehicles
- El-Quqa: Global Launches Al Fajer Retakaful Insurance Company with a Paid Up Capital of KD50 Million