Bahrain's sukuk securities oversubscribed
The Central Bank of Bahrain has announced that the monthly issue of the Sukuk Al Salam Islamic securities for the BD18 million ($47.2 million) issue has been oversubscribed by 248 per cent.
The issue, which carries a maturity of 91 days, begins tomorrow and matures on December 26. The expected return on the issue is 1.2 per cent.
- Are Arab Bankers right to blame the region's deteriorating economies on the Arab Spring?
- Spotlight on Saudi Arabia’s "resilient" banking sector
- Lebanese startup's move to global platform paving way for entrepreneurship growth
- Saudi Prince hailed for criticizing country's banks' shortcomings
- Turkey's central bank approach: keep calm and defy Erdogan