Everyone wants to visit Bahrain: tourism 'booming'
The recent launch of the $40 million Holiday Inn Express Bahrain, the kingdom's first limited service hotel, is indicative of the growing opportunities in the kingdom for the travel and tourism sector over the coming decade, said officials. The investment has been made by Dubai International Capital, the international private equity arm of Dubai Holding, through its majority owned vehicle Ishraq Gulf Real Estate Holding Company.
Located on the Exhibition Road, the 274-room hotel is close to Bahrain International Airport as well as the King Fahad Causeway, Bahrain Financial Harbour, key diplomatic facilities and shopping centres. 'Bahrain has been and continues to be an attractive tourism and hospitality market,' said Ishraq Gulf Real Estate Holding Company chairman and Dubai International Capital managing director Maissan Jalal Al Maskati.
'In fact, our decision to make such a substantial investment was driven by our long-term confidence in the market's historically healthy occupancy levels and hotel rates, coupled with a sophisticated consumer base that demands a high-quality limited-service product. 'Further to the launch of four Holiday Inn Express hotels in Dubai, we are now delighted to be here and to have chosen Bahrain to launch our fifth and newest location,' he said. 'We look forward to building on this success and continuing to evaluate new investment opportunities in Bahrain in the future,' he added.
- Hajj in the time of Ebola: how Saudi Arabia plans to keep the epidemic out of Mecca
- The land of the olive branch: an inside look into agricultural tourism in Israel-Palestine
- Vacation in the Palm Jumeirah: Dubai top tourist hot spot for KSA visitors
- Beyond unholy consumption and artificial beaches: what's it going to take for Dubai to become a city of medical tourism?
- Exploring the $100 billion plus Muslim travel market
- Express by Holiday Inn hotels to be built in GCC
- Bahrain: Tourism sector expands
- Express by Holiday Inn to open at Dubai’s Knowledge Vilage in 2007
- US$150 million deal to finance 20 express by Holiday Inn hotels in the GCC is secured
- Jordan Dubai Capital, Ishraq agree to develop three “Express by Holiday Inn” Hotels in Jordan