Bahrain to launch new online visa system at the click of a button
Bahrain will launch a high tech visa system on October 1, making it possible for visitors from 102 countries to secure their entry visas online.
The scheme will be launched by the Nationality, Passports and Residence Affairs (NPRA) in co-operation with the Central Informatics Organisation (CIO), said a report in the Gulf Daily News (GDN), our sister publication.
The new electronic system will enable Bahrain's embassies abroad to issue visas directly.
A batch of Foreign Ministry employees attended a workshop as part of NPRA's efforts to train them on the new cyber system. The streamlined e-visa issuance system has so far been restricted to 38 countries.
'The new system will expedite visa services for people wishing to visit Bahrain for tourism or business purposes,' e-exits division chief Thabit Al Shoroqi said.
He said the system will ease business and tourism visa issuance at embassies to enhance the development of Bahrain.
It will also enable the Foreign Ministry to monitor performance of Bahrain embassies to ensure fast processing of visa applications.
- Gazans reach beyond Israeli blockade through start-up
- France is playing a risky dating game in the Gulf: experts
- Egyptian stocks plummet as Yemen confict deepens
- Mission to Mars: UAE plans Arab region's first unmanned probe
- Supervising the stoners: Egyptian tobacco traders call for the legalization of cannabis