Bank of Japan Leaves Rates Unchanged at 0.50%
The Bank of Japan left interest rates unchanged at 0.5 percent last night.
This was the first meeting headed up Masaaki Shirakawa, the brand new central bank Governor. The outlook for Japan is just as dismal as the outlook for many nations around the world. Shirakawa said that he is closely watching the downside risks for the economy because the country’s inability to generate economy could weigh on domestic demand. The price action of the Japanese Yen crosses was mixed. Even though the Dow plunged, many of the Yen crosses managed to end the day in positive territory.
- Bank of Japan Leaves Interest Rates Unchanged
- Bank of Japan Keeps Rates Unchanged, Approves Shirakawa as Governor
- Bank of Japan Leaves Rates Unchanged, China Raises Rates
- ForexNews: USD/JPY Breaks 102, As BoJ Leaves Rates Unchanged. Will NFP's Send It Below 100?
- Forex News: Shirakawa Leaves Rates Unchanged At First Meeting,Despite Growth Slowing