Barclays Capital director gets region first SFA accreditation
Barclays Capital Associate Director Shivaswamy Subramaniam, has become the first banker in the region to achieve individual registration with the Securities and Futures Authority (SFA), the UK’s regulatory authority for the securities and investment industry. Barclays Capital is the investment banking division of the Barclays group, with offices in Dubai and Abu Dhabi.
The 33-year-old chartered and cost accountant qualified Indian, with an ACI Diploma from the UK, becomes one of the 17,000 SFA registered individuals worldwide. Shiva is responsible for the marketing and sale of Barclays Capital products to corporate and institutional clients throughout the Gulf. He joined Barclays three years ago.
"This achievement is a landmark both for Shiva and for Barclays as a whole and serves as a sign of the professionalism and quality of service provided to our clients in the region," said Denis Austin – Barclays Capital's Treasurer in Dubai. — (menareport.com)
© 2001 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Barclays denies wrongdoing in Saudi Arabia
- UK Securities & Investment Institute announces accreditation of the Dubai International Financial Exchange (DIFX) Academy
- Good luck with that: Saudi Businessman sues Barclays for $10 billion
- UK's former investment director in Egypt, John Franck, reveals what scares British investors the most about Egypt
- Recognition ceremony celebrates international certification of Qatar Foundation embers