Batelco to develop Bahrain’s e-government initiative
Bahrain’s e-government project took a significant step forward when Batelco and the Central Informatics Organization (CIO) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on November 15. The agreement defines Batelco’s role in providing communications technology for the Kingdom’s e-government initiative.
Batelco will be working on the e-government initiative with the CIO, the Central Statistics Organization, the body that runs central government computer systems and infrastructure. CIO is responsible for regulating information technology within the Bahrain Government and for optimizing the use of the Government Data Network (GDN) that forms the backbone of the Bahrain e-government initiative.
The key principles of the e-government project include integrating Bahrain’s back-end systems, such as a national database, immigration and central population registration (CPR) systems, decision support systems, customer relationship management and introducing smart cards and security control systems. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Batelco enables e-Government in Bahrain
- Batelco signs partnership agreement with Ericsson
- Batelco and Bahrain’s Governorates sign sgreement to provide computer laboratories and free internet for villages throughout the Kingdom
- New CEO appointed to lead Batelco
- 3Com to be involved in e-government project in Bahrain