Batelco Jordan launches global data service
The Bahraini-Jordanian Communications Company (Batelco Jordan) recently unveiled a global data service, aimed at the Jordanian business community. Business customers in Jordan are now able to benefit from the global frame relay service of Batelco's 20-percent shareholder and partner, global telecoms player Cable & Wireless (C&W).
Providing global data services in Jordan is part of Batelco's plan to expand across the Middle East region, according to a company press release. Batelco's joint venture in Kuwait, Qualitynet, also holds a license to offer data services to businesses. Batelco is planning to apply for a license in Saudi Arabia, where it holds a stake in Batelco Jeraisy Ltd, an Internet service provider that has the potential to offer data-carrying services to the Saudi business community.
Batelco Group also recently launched its global frame relay product, which is being used by First Islamic Investment Bank to link its Bahrain operation with its 100 percent owned subsidiary in Atlanta, Georgia, in the US.
Global frame relay, part of the C&W suite of global services to business, is a cost-effective way for customers to send data around the world in short bursts, rather than in a continuous stream of information. — (menareport.com)
© 2002 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Batelco Jeraisy to network Al-Faisaliah Complex
- Batelco Jordan awarded Jordan's First Individual Licence
- US authorities urge cancellation of Batelco’s GSM service in Iraq
- Batelco Adds New Destination to the List of Its Two-Way Mobile Prepaid (SimSim) Roaming Service
- Batelco Jordan provides Internet Broadband ADSL Services free of installation fees