Batelco launches direct debit service
Batelco's new Direct Debit service helps customers pay their telephone bills automatically from their bank accounts, which means no more standing in long queues at Batelco payment offices or at the local banks.
The service will initially only be available to residential fixed line customers but will be introduced to mobile users at a later stage. Customers banking with any bank in Bahrain can currently pay their bills using the existing benefit betwork system to settle their Batelco account, but the direct debit service goes one step further, by making all payments automatically.
The service is available free of charge, and is initially launched through Ahli United Bank. Citi Bank, with HSBC, NBB & BBK to follow in the second wave. It is expected that very shortly all banks in Bahrain will offer the service. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Batelco launches improved Direct Debit service
- Dubai eGovernment launches direct debit solutions to facilitate ePayments for government transactions
- Batelco offers new bill payment service
- Mobily, SABB launch direct debit for postpaid
- Dubai eGovernment and CBD launch “Cash Online” to support Direct Debit