BeIN to launch 12 new channels, targets up to 80 channels by end-2016
CBS Reality and Jim Jam will also join beIN from August 1. (beIN Media Group)
Click here to add beIN Media Group as an alert
Disable alert for beIN Media Group,
Click here to add Bloomberg as an alert
Disable alert for Bloomberg,
Click here to add CBS as an alert
Disable alert for CBS,
Click here to add DreamWorks as an alert
Disable alert for DreamWorks,
Click here to add Jim Jam as an alert
Disable alert for Jim Jam,
Click here to add Yousef Obaidly as an alert
Disable alert for Yousef Obaidly
beIN has plans to launch 12 new channels on August 1,BroadcastPro ME can confirm now. While three Discovery Channels including Discovery Kids, DTX and DLife have been announced previously as being launched exclusively on the network from August 1, we have now learnt that AMC, which disappeared from the OSN bouquet last month will reappear exclusively on the beIN platform.
A significant coup for beIN will be the addition of Dreamworks Channel from Hollywood studio, Dreamworks Animation. This will be an exclusive addition to the beIN platform. Likewise, CBS Reality and Jim Jam will also join beIN from August 1. There is confirmation that Bloomberg and Fox News will join the network although it is not clear at present if both the news channels will be exclusive on the beIN platform. Travel Channel and Extreme Sports Channel will be the other new additions.
beIN launched its entertainment channels’ bouquet in November 2015 and created a stir in the market by drawing a few FTA channels onto its pay platform and giving OSN significant competition by offering cost-effective pay TV packages. The Qatar-headquartered network already has a significant edge in the market with its sports bouquet, which includes the Wimbledon Games, the Euro Cup as well as all of the major international football leagues.
In an earlier interview, Yousef Obaidly, Deputy CEO of beIN Media Group, had mentioned that the network would have at least 70 to 80 channels on its platform by the end of 2016. With the incremental addition of new channels to its bouquet every quarter, the network appears to be gradually heading closer to its goal.
By Vijaya Cherian
- Al Tayer bucks the US department store trend with Bloomingdale's Kuwait opening
- Gulf Islamic banks set to outperform conventional banks for second year: Moody's
- Jordan secures EU finance for socioeconomic and environmental programs
- Same-day service deliveries in GCC an untapped market: Wing CEO
- Will terror attacks damper Arabs' appetite for European holidays?
- Al Aan TV unveils successful performance with huge increase in reach in the UAE and KSA
- Canon Middle East outlines IT channel strategy in Egypt, unveils latest range of solutions for Egypt's System Integrators & VAR channel
- New Television Channel Launched to Provide Unique Community Service to TECOM Free Zones Partners and Visitors
- Kingston Technology adds new HyperX T1 Black Triple-Channel Memory Kits
- Toshiba Gulf hosts inaugural Channel event in Qatar