Beltone partners with Siparex to invest in Egypt
Egypt-based Beltone Financial is joining forces with France’s leading independent private equity investment group to invest in small medium enterprises-“SMEs”in Egypt and the GCC.
Cairo-based Beltone Private Equity and SIGEFI Private Equity part of the French Siparex Group are launching a US$150 million private equity fund to invest in “SMEs” in Egypt and the GCC. The Fund will invest in independent, unlisted, financially sound, and promising SMEs or potential spin-offs from large companies with growth and export potential.
Dr. A.M. Omran, Director of Beltone Private Equity, will be the managing director of the new Joint Venture which will manage the Fund. Beltone Private Equity will utilize its expertise in Egypt and the region to manage the Fund and ensure maximum returns to the investors.
SIGEFI will provide its long global knowledge to the Fund, appoint a representative on the Investment Committee and participate in the management team.
Beltone and SIGEFI combined knowledge of the market, industries and financial relations will provide a strong flow of investment pipe line for the fund and support to the investee companies of by adding an incremental value to all of the Fund’s investments
- Kenana signs agreement with Beltone Financials to establish USD 1 billion private equity fund for agriculture projects
- HSBC Private Equity Middle East attracts $118 million
- NBK launches its First Investment Fund in Indian Private Equity
- Beltone launches brokerage operations in Libya
- Consortium launches Jordan's first private equity fund