Beryt Financial Advisors opens in Beirut
Beryt Financial Advisors (BFA) has been launched in Beirut, Lebanon, as a corporate finance and advisory firm for the Mediterranean Basin, the Middle East and North Africa.
The venture comes at a time when investor and social confidence in the region is at an all time low in the wake of September 11 and the second Gulf War. The idea is to bring investors back to the region and increase confidence in its potential. Much effort is being poured into creating the optimum environment for foreign monies to be invested in the region.
BFA's mission is to become the leading corporate finance and advisory firm specializing in the region. It aims to increase the exposure of the region it covers in order to stimulate the interest of investors who have traditionally shied away from the perceived volatility of the region.
The firm is currently working on establishing a presence in London, in order to be closer to the investor base interested in the region and have a greater access to a pool of highly experienced and talented professionals.
Albert Momdjian is Chairman and CEO of BFA, bringing more than 12 years of experience in investment banking operations to the firm. He was the former Head of Middle East and North Africa Investment Banking at Merrill Lynch London. — (menareport.com)
© 2004 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Large investments: when a financial advisor comes in handy
- Lebanese Firm Offers On-line Foreign Stock Trading
- Palestinian, Egyptian bourses slump in mixed week for Arab stock markets
- Swiss asset management group launches Mideast alternative investment initiative
- El-Quqa: Global Opportunistic Fund 1 will distribute 9% of its capital to its shareholders