Bezeq to invest $20 million in telco venture fund
State-controlled Bezeq Israel Telecom said on Tuesday, May 15, it will invest $20 million in a new venture capital fund that will help finance early stage telecommunications companies.
Bezeq said Discount Capital Markets, the investment arm of Israel Discount Bank, has pledged to invest $10-17 million in the $50 million fund, to be called Stage One Ventures. A number of private businessmen will also contribute.
Bezeq in the past has invested in other funds such as BRM Capital and Eurofund 2000. ― (Reuters, Jerusalem)
© Reuters 2001
© 2001 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Israeli government sells 3.3% of its stake in Bezeq to Gmul Sahar Underwriters
- Report: Sharon opposes France Telecom tender participation due to operations in Arab World
- Bid to sell shares in Israel Telecommunication Corporation fails due to lack of interest from foreign investors
- Bezeq selects CTI2 for voice mail and unified communications
- Al Tawfeek launches new Islamic fund