Bid to restore Najaf water treatment plant
Final inspections have started recently on USAID's project to restore a Najaf water treatment plant, and all work at the site is scheduled to be complete
by the end of this month. The water treatment plant is the main supplier of potable water to the 563,000 residents of Najaf.
Meanwhile, work is about 60 percent complete on a project to repair the sewage collection system of a central district of Baghdad. Work is to be
completed in June 2005 and will improve service for about 1.5 million residents.
- Baghdad: Sewage collection system to be complete in few months
- Metito wins $12 million water treatment contract in Iraq
- Passavant-Roediger consortium wins AED 545 million prestigious Wastewater Treatment Plant deal in Egypt
- Iraq repairs sewage plants serving millions in Baghdad
- Losers of giant Kuwaiti water treatment project seek court action