Bill Gates holds investment meeting with Saudi Prince Al-Waleed
Founder of Microsoft Corporation Bill Gates hosted Saudi Prince Al-Waleed Bin Talal at his Bellevue, Washington home over dinner to discuss IT, investment opportunities and humanitarian efforts.
Prince Al-Waleed received an analysis of the state of the world’s IT affairs from Gates, along with Microsoft’s founder’s projections for the sector.
Gates and the Prince discussed their investments in the Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts and agreed to nominate representatives to work closely on potential deals. Prince Al-Waleed has an investment stake in the luxury hotel chain through entities held for his benefit and the benefit of his family.
The meeting covered philanthropic efforts. Both Gates and Prince Alwaleed have previously pledged donations to a number of charities including the Carter Center’s African programs.
On the IT front, the Prince offered Gates to assist Microsoft expand its operations in his home country. Gates welcomed the gesture and a follow-up meeting with the General Manager of Microsoft Arabia, Khaled Al-Dhaher, probed areas of potential cooperation. In addition to expanding IT, it was agreed that Kingdom Holding Company and Microsoft Arabia will join resources to fund select humanitarian projects in the country. — (menareport.com)
© 2004 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Business in the Elyséé Palace: Al-Waleed bin Talal, Hollande and CEOs meet over momentous Saudi-French investments
- Prince Al-Waleed pledges $5 million to Carter Humanitarian Center
- Saudi Prince Al-Waleed meets with world's top hoteliers
- Always outside the box: Al-Waleed bin Talal considers investing in Portugal
- Prince Al-Waleed takes up stake in Fairmont Hotels & Resorts