Bill Gates makes first visit to the Middle East
Chairman and Chief Software Architect of Microsoft Bill Gates is in Egypt on his first ever visit to the Middle East.Gates arrived as an official guest of the Government of Egypt and is to meet with the region's top government officials and Egyptian businessmen.
Minister of Communications and Information Technology Ahmed Nazif met Gates in 2002 and invited him to visit Egypt. Under the auspices of President Mubarak, Egypt will host the Arab Government Leaders Forum (GLF Arabia). Gates will deliver the closing remarks for the event. The GLF Arabia gathers government leaders from 22 countries across the Middle East under the themes Modernizing Government, Economic Development and Education.
Gates will also deliver the opening keynote speech of the Microsoft Middle East Developers Conference (MDC), which is being held for the second time in Egypt. Microsoft developers from the US, Europe and the Middle East will make over 40 technical presentations during the three-day conference. — (menareport.com)
© 2004 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Bill Gates to meet with Middle East leaders at upcoming Cairo forum
- Egyptian government, Microsoft sign new deal
- Strong participation from eight leading Saudi companies in Microsoft Executive Summit 2002
- Microsoft to set up technological creation center in Egypt
- Sakhr - Platinum Sponsor for Microsoft Middle East Developers Conference - MDC 2005