BMS awarded contract by UAE Armed Services
Broadcast Microwave Services (BMS) has been selected by the United Arab Emirates (UAE) Armed Services to provide microwave communications equipment for a command center and infrastructure system for border security.
The contract, valued at approximately $8.5 million, will see the installation of Coded Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing transmission (COFDM) technology from the BMS product line. The system is expected to be installed this year and will enable secure video and audio transmission from aircraft, ships or vehicles to be monitored real time and distributed to remote viewing stations.
BMS, a Cohu company, designs, develops, manufactures and sells microwave transmission systems and has a broad range of products and systems developed for broadcast TV, law enforcement, sports and special events venues, unmanned air vehicle and military applications.
US-based Cohu is a supplier of test handling solutions used by the global semiconductor industry as well as a supplier of closed circuit television, metal detection and microwave communications equipment. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Herley Israel supplys microwave hardware to South Korean navy
- uae armed forces awarded hawk aircraft aed 343 million contract to gamco
- Jordan Ammunition Manufacturing and Services Company announces awarding of US$43 million contract by Jordan Armed Forces
- GAC Marine Logistics awarded ship spares logistics contract by Bernhard Schulte Shipmanagement
- MAF Dalkia Awarded Maintenance Contract For 412 Mosques In Abu Dhabi And Baniyas Region For Three Years