BP Oman opens first new service station in the Sultanate in seven years
BP Oman and Oman Oil Company have opened the BP Wadi Al-Bahais Service Station. This is the first Service Station BP Oman has constructed since the end of the seven year government moratorium.
The Service Station is the first in the Middle East to have a solar canopy enabling energy from the sun to be converted into electricity. This in turn will provide as much as 20-25 percent of the daily electrical operational needs of the site.
BP Oman is involved in the distribution of fuel and lubricant products operating in the sectors of fuel retailing, direct fuel sales to the government and commercial sector, lubricants and aviation refuelling. Oman Oil Company has recently purchased a 49 percent stake of BP Oman from BP. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Daewoo to build post-sale dockyard in Oman
- BP to launch first environmentally friendly service station in Oman
- Oman Oil Marketing Company launches first petrol station
- Omanoil continues to expand presence across Sultanate with new filling stations & ahlain convenience stores
- BP targets 50% Omanisation by year end