Brazilian clothing brand opens store in Dubai
Brazilian clothing brand for men and women dzarm has opened its first franchise outlet in the Middle East at the Al-Ghurair City in Dubai.
Ninety Nine International is dzarm’s Middle East agent. “This is our flag-ship store for the Middle East with two more opening in the next few weeks in Bahrain, Qatar and Kuwait,” said Managing Partner of Ninety Nine International, Jamal Tahhan.
Ninety Nine International has invested one million dollars in the first phase of introducing dzarm in the region. “We will have more than 20 stores opened by 2005 all over the region including Lebanon and Jordan,” added Tahhan.
Brazilian garment exports to the Middle East have also been on the rise with an increase of 14.7 percent in 2002. “Brazilian garment exports to the entire Middle East were two billion dollars in 2001 increasing to $2.3 billion in 2002,” said Export Manager of Cia.Hering, dzarm's holding company, Leandro Vieira. “Current figures from January to October 2003 are already showing a huge increase and exports amounted to US $ 2.2 billion.”
The strategic partnership between dzarm and Ninety Nine International was brought together by ArabBrazil, the Jordan headquartered consulting company that promotes Arab-Brazil trade in the region. ArabBrazil also opened its Dubai office in the first quarter this year. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- British clothing brand Ted Baker opens first store in Egypt
- Festival Centre opens 8 new children stores including some first-to-market brands
- Al Khayyat Investments brings French brand 'Kickers' to Abu Dhabi Mall
- House of Amouage opens first international mono brand store in Dubai
- Al Khayyat Investments to open French Brand ‘Petit Bateau’ at Dubai Mall