Burgan Bank adopts new technology approach
Kuwait’s Burgan Bank has opted for 3Com's pay-as-you-grow approach to provide the core network that will lie at the heart of the bank's multi-million dollar information technology (IT) investment program.
The 3Com solution is an integral part of Burgan Bank's e-banking strategy and will also form the network backbone for the bank's new payment gateway system, which provides online shopping facilities to its customers. The new Burgan Bank network, which combines 3Com Gigabit Ethernet switches and XRN technology, provides a technology infrastructure to meet the bank's current and future requirements for providing service to its customers.
The 3Com solution at Burgan Bank will be deployed at the bank's new Tower Headquarters in Spring 2003. Across this 33 story building, three 3Com Switch 4007R's will lie at the core of the network. 3Com SuperStack Switch 4400s will also be deployed for desktop connectivity, providing control over mission-critical traffic and adding an extra layer of security to guard the network.
Since it was privatized in 1997, Burgan Bank has transformed the range of financial services it provides to its customers with the support of a rigorous three-phase IT development program, which has seen the bank grow to take 14 percent market share. Having centered its core banking applications on an Oracle-based Symbols system in Phase 1, the Bank went live with its e-banking offering to customers in 2000. In the final stages of its program, Burgan Bank launched its payment gateway system in July 2002. — (menareport.com)
© 2002 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Burgan Bank wins “Best Domestic Retail Bank of the Year” award from the Asian Banking & Finance Magazine
- Kuwait’s Hasibat to network new Burgan Bank headquarters
- Burgan Bank named “Best Domestic Retail Bank of the Year” by the Asian Banking & Finance Magazine for the Second Consecutive Year
- Burgan Bank’s customer relationship management program achieves further success
- Burgan Bank honors its top three performing premier banking executives