Syrian regulations have made foreign franchising virtually impossible. There is one American fast-food franchise in the country.
The concept of franchising, especially the prospects for opening the first major American fast food restaurant, has captured the imagination of many Syrians. Many capable and well-capitalized Syrian businessmen have applied for major American fast food franchises, but have been refused.
The best prospects for agricultural products are corn, soybeans and soy products, rice, cigarettes, vegetable seeds and almonds.
- UOWD launches Certificate in Business Management (CBM) in response to current challenging business environment
- Dubai Chamber’s International Business Network helps promote Dubai’s investment environment
- The red lines in the Lebanese flag extend to its business environment
- Dubai business environment is booming but more could be done
- Honeywell Emea Users’ Group Helps Industry Leaders Succeed In A Changing Business Environment