Call to boost Bahrain-Japan trade
The volume of trade exchanges between Bahrain and Japan amounted to BD179.2 million (US$475 million) in 2004, down from a record BD190.9m in 2003. The figures were issued as Bahrain Chamber of Commerce and Industry chairman Dr. Essam Fakhro met Japan's ruling Liberal Democratic Party general council head and parliament member Fumio Kyuma.
According to the GDN, BCCI called for expanding bilateral trade and to set up a Bahraini-Japanese Friendship Society.
Japanese businessmen were also urged to boost their presence in the kingdom to profit from the FTA agreement inked with the US and Bahrain's status as a GCC and Middle Eastern financial center.
- Yup, it wasn't just about food: Bahrain to become a trade hub for Japan
- Stepping stone for a trade agreement? Bahrain becomes first GCC state to lift import ban on Japanese food after nuclear disaster
- Trade with Japan to boost GCC SMI’s
- Batelco records $39 million net profits in 1Q 2002
- JSC chairman calls for setting up of 'trade court'