Calvalley completes seismic work in Yemen
Calgary-based Calvalley Petroleum Inc. completed the 124-mile seismic program initiated late last year on the company's fully owned Block 9 in Yemen.
The 2-D seismic program was shot using a combination of dynamite and vibroseis over a 1,000 square kilometer area.
The program was designed to compliment the 1,054-miles of seismic data that Calvalley had already acquired covering large portions of Block 9 and will be used to further delineate potential drilling locations over several of the key Qishn and Saar features identified on the block.
The data is being processed in Calgary and will be interpreted over the next several weeks. Calvalley plans to drill four different locations on Block 9 by year-end.
© 2001 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Calvalley Petroleum spuds first oil well at Yemen’s Block 9 site
- Calvalley Petroleum advances Yemen drilling program
- Calvalley to start drilling next two exploration wells in Yemen mid-July
- Calvalley Petroleum announces $10 million financing for Yemen
- Canada’s Calvalley makes second oil discovery in Yemen