Calvalley Petroleum advances Yemen drilling program
Calvalley Petroleum Inc., a Canadian oil and gas exploration and development company, has received approval from the Ministry of Oil in the Republic of Yemen for the awarding of the drilling contract and related services for the first of four wells on Malik Block 9.
Calvalley expects to commence drilling no later than May 31, 2002, and has received an irrevocable bank guarantee for $150,000 from the drilling company, guaranteeing that the spud date of the first well will be on or before May 31, 2002.
In January 2002 Calvalley received $10 million in funding to cover 100 percent of the cost of operations in the Block related to the completion of a four well drilling program which will satisfy the company's drilling commitments under both the first and second exploration phases of its Production Sharing Agreement with the Republic of Yemen.
Under the terms of the funding commitment Calvalley remains the operator of Block 9 and retains a 60 percent majority interest. — (menareport.com)
© 2002 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Calvalley Petroleum announces $10 million financing for Yemen
- Calvalley to start drilling next two exploration wells in Yemen mid-July
- Calvalley Petroleum spuds first oil well at Yemen’s Block 9 site
- Calvalley completes seismic work in Yemen
- Calvalley Petroleum begins well drilling at Yemen's block 9 site