Lebanon and Canada forge closer ties
The [Lebanese] Finance Ministry and the Canadian Commercial Corporation signed a memorandum of understanding Friday to boost cooperation in infrastructure and investments.
According to the National News Agency, the memorandum will allow Lebanon to benefit from government credit and legal facilitations when contracting Canadian firms.
The CCC is a federal Crown corporation mandated to facilitate international trade on behalf of the Canadian private sector.
- All talk: Why a GCC union does not matter for Arab countries' economies
- Aiding 'Um al-Dunya' or themselves? The Gulf's war over Egypt's economy
- What Arab Spring? The Middle East is undergoing a quiet revolution that is truly transforming the region
- An Economic Remedy for Jordan?
- Is Hamas on the verge of bankruptcy?