Canada's Zenon Environmental Company Opens Mid-East Water Treatment Facility
Zenon Environmental recently announced that it had been selected to supply its membrane systems for a wastewater treatment facility in the Middle East.
The contract, to be completed in two phases, has an estimated value of approximately $12 million, with the first phase expected to be operational within 1 year, the Individual reported.
Zenon, a world leader in supplying advanced membrane services and products for water purification, water recycling, wastewater treatment, will use state-of-the-art technology and attempt to keep operating costs both low and efficient at the new plant.
The Canadian company's ZenoGem system incorporates ZENON's patented ZeeWeed
immersed membrane technology, a sophisticated Canadian innovation, which produces clean water to the inside of the membrane fibre, filtering out impurities. The new facility is expected to be of high importance, as it will serve as a demonstration facility for regional water reuse and conservation. The filtered water from the plant will be used in irrigation.
The Zenon group of corporations operates from 7 office locations in North America, 6 in Europe, and 1 each in the Middle East (Dubai), Latin America, and Asia. Its services are used in various government, institutional and industrial applications. Zenon's rang of technologies includes microfiltration, ultrafiltration, reverse osmosis, and nanofiltration.
© 2000 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Canadian Zenon contracted to explore underground water in Sharjah
- Ionics wins $320 million contract for water re-use project in Kuwait
- GE increases inventory of desalination technologies to meet growing demand in Middle East & Africa
- Metito completes major water project for Grand Hyatt Dubai
- Palm Water awarded AED 1 billion - Design, Build, Own & Operate (DBOO) contract by Nakheel at International City, Dubai