Card-less cash withdrawals now an option in the UAE
RAKBank has launched a new digital banking solution that allows cashwithdrawals from its network of automated teller machines (ATMs) across the country without the use of payment cards.
The new product MobileCash, a part of its mobile banking platform allows customers to transfer money to mobile phones and beneficiaries can withdraw thecash using one-time pin number. MobileCash comes in handy for those who have lost their bank card, forgot to carry it, or are simply waiting for their card to be sent or activated.
This new service gives customers the ability to withdraw cash and send money to their friends, family or anyone in the UAE instantly using their mobile phone, even if the recipient does not have a bank account.
“We have been witnessing big growth in people using our digital banking platforms such as internet banking and mobile banking. MobileCash is a value added product launched for our customers,” said Peter England,” Chief Executive Officer of RAKBank.
With the introduction of the new cash transfer service, RAKBank expects to attract more customers to its mobile banking platform. “Mobile banking is becoming a very important service delivery platform for banks in the UAE. We expect to attract more users to the platform through value added services like the MobileCash,” said Masood Khan, Head of Contact Centre, RAKBank.
- Oman’s Duqm tourist complex moves forward with government approval
- Kuwait fights budget deficit: Reexamining government salaries, expatriate labor
- Tunisian Confederation of Industry, Trade, and Handicrafts fights nationwide unemployment levels
- Construction costs fall in Dubai
- Western tourists flock to Iran, could generate $30B in new revenue
- cashU partners with Jazeera Airways to offer customers additional secure payment options
- Is the UAE less phone and net-dependent than previously thought?
- UAE residents can now use ID's as ATM cards
- Mashreq launches Foreign Currency Cash services across its branches
- RAKBANK launches Mobile Banking Solutions