Dubai hosts UAE's biggest employment fair
Running until April 24, Careers UAE 2014 will be the three-day employment fair’s biggest show to date, with a record number of more than 160 exhibiting companies and an extensive range of training and education programs providing a strong platform for Emiratis seeking immediate employment and career advancement opportunities.
With the National HR and Employment Authority (Tanmia) predicting that approximately 200,000 Emiratis will join the country’s workforce over the next decade, Careers UAE continues to play a key role in helping Emirati jobseekers and graduates find rewarding career placements.
Organised under the patronage of His Highness Shaikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, this year’s event is particularly significant as it complements the seven-year National Agenda announced by Shaikh Mohammed bin Rashid to promote education and employment across a multitude of domestic industries and in line with the UAE Vision 2021 to establish the nation among the world’s best.
“Careers UAE is committed to supporting the vision of the UAE’s leadership, championing the government’s Emiratisation initiatives and enhancing the Emirati workforce’s contribution to the national economy,” said Helal Saeed Almarri, Director-General of Dubai Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing (DTCM), and CEO of DWTC.
“With record participation from public and private sector entities this year, Careers UAE 2014 offers a tremendous breadth of professional career opportunities for Emiratis all under one roof,” he added. For the first time at Careers UAE, healthcare companies are participating from across the country, including flagship operators, NMC Hospital, Dubai Healthcare City and Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi, as the sector looks to significantly broaden employment opportunities. Private sector representation has also significantly increased for the 2014 event, which is being spearheaded by a 100 per cent year-on-year growth in retail and insurance companies.
Mega retail players Al Chalhoub Group, Al Habtoor Group, AW Rostamani and Azadea are all exhibiting for the first time, as is Oman Insurance, Dubai Insurance, Axa Insurance, Emirates Insurance and Emirates Association Insurance, representing the industry’s biggest names.
As part of Careers UAE’s commitment to knowledge exchange initiatives and experience-building engagement for prospective Emirati jobseekers, the 2014 fair will showcase a number of diverse training sessions and advanced education programmes designed to help nationals develop their skill-sets in line with requirements of the domestic job market.
In just one of the sessions, Dhahi Khalfan Tamim, Deputy Chairman of Dubai Police and General Security, will share his remarkable career experiences and explain what it takes to create a successful career.
- Getting the jobsworth: New challenges faced in the UAE employment market
- Teachers’ strike divideds Jordan's educators as students seen as main victims
- Profits in the name of education: GCC reeking in $6 billion worth of international school fees
- A blessing in disguise? UAE unemployment pushing youth towards entrepeneurship
- Why, despite all the insecurity, foreign students still flock to Lebanon to learn Arabic
- Diverse job opportunities, high-quality employment services minimizing UAE unemployment
- Minister of Labour calls upon private companies to accelerate the Emiratisation process
- Record breaking Careers UAE Exhibition opens to strong Industry Support
- Careers UAE attracts participation from IT and hospitality sector
- Careers fair to propel Emiratization