Club Med to expand operation in Morocco
Club Med, the French tourism group, has announced plans to open six new holiday villages in Morocco over the coming five years.
According to the organization, the new villages would more than double its total number of beds in the country to 12,000, at a cost of about $120 million to Club Med and its partners.
The organization did not give details as to where the new holiday villages will be located. Currently Club Med operates holiday villages in Morocco at Agadir on the Atlantic coast; at Smir and Yasmina on the Mediterranean coast, at Al Hoceima in northern Morocco at the foot of the Rif mountains; in the Marrakech medina off Djemaa-el-Fna square; and at Ouarzazate in southern Morocco in the Atlas mountains. — (Albawaba-MEBG)
© 2001 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- 7,000 apple and cherry trees distributed to villages in Marrakech Province
- Club Med targets rave generation at Tunisia village
- Companies to watch: CTM (Morocco)
- Abu Dhabi-based National Corporation for Tourism & Hotels buys 15% of Hilton Rabat in Morocco
- i2 gets cellempower - i2 demonstrates operational strength by acquiring leading mobile value added services provider.