Coca-Cola renews franchise agreement with Palestinian beverage company
The Coca-Cola Company has signed an extension to its franchise agreement with its local bottler in the Palestinian Authority, the National Beverage Company (NBC).
"NBC, as a bottling partner of the Coca-Cola Company, plays an important role in developing the Palestinian economy...The Company also provides job opportunities at a time when the unemployment rate has exceeded 45 percent,” said PA Minister of National Economy Maher Al-Masri.
Chairman of NBC, Zahi Khouri recently announced the company's intention to double its investments in the Palestinian territories to upgrade and expand production, leading to more job creation in the region.
NBC was established in 1998 as a franchise of the Coca-Cola Company. Based in Ramallah, NBC is an independent, privately held company. Its shareholders are local Palestinian businessmen. In addition, NBC has one sale and distribution center, located in Gaza, and three depots, located in Ramallah, Hebron and Nablus. — (menareport.com)
© 2003 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- NBC Coca-Cola recommences operations in Ramallah
- Juicy start-up: an inside look into the "high-tech" Palestinian juice producer
- Israel threatens to sue Coca-Cola over Palestinian partner supporting BDS
- Egypt: IFC supports Egyptian bottling company
- Thirteen Arab League members press to reactivate Israel boycott