Comdex Opens in Saudi Arabia
The first Comdex exhibition focusing on B2B Internet solutions and networking was inaugurated yesterday in Jeddah, and will continue until April 13.
Admission is reserved for professional visitors only. Exhibitors include 250 of the IT industry's leading companies and distributors, who will be unveiling their new line of products, systems and services.
A Riyadh daily reports that Bill Gates, Microsoft Chairman, sent a personal message greeting conventioneers as he mentioned Microsoft's increased attention and investment in the Saudi market. In his inaugural speech, Prince Abd al-Majeed ben Abd al Aziz, Governor of Mecca, emphasized the kingdom's efforts to keep pace with the unprecedented advances in the global IT industry. Additionally, he expressed his hope that businessmen will recognize the advantages that an important exhibition, such as this one, can provide in the sparking of new business opportunities as well as the exploration of current ones.
Amru Abdallah al Dabagh, Jeddah International Center for Conferences and Exhibition, released a statement emphasizing that Comdex is the world's biggest IT and Computer exhibition. Traditionally, the annual convention has been held in the USA where it has provided the 1 million plus conventioneers and 7,000 exhibitors a codified arena in which to meet.
© 2000 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Palestinians to make first appearance in Jeddah Comdex 2002 Exhibition
- First Middle Eastern Biotechnology conference to be held in Jeddah
- COMDEX USA appoints Exhibitions Arabia as Middle East sales rep
- Saudi Arabia offers real estate investment opportunities
- Saudi Arabia opens fresh investment prospects with up to USD 400 billion expenditure in oil and gas projects