Congo President visits Jebel Ali Free Zone
President of Democratic Republic of Congo Joseph Kabila visited today, March 25, Dubai’s Jebel Ali port terminal and Jebel Ali Free Zone. The president was received by the Head of the Ports, Customs and Free Zone Corporation Sultan Ahmed Bin Sulayem.
During the visit, Bin Sulayem highlighted the growth and experience of Jebel Ali Free Zone (JAFZ) as a result of Dubai's rapid expansion as an international trade hub. Bin Sulayem also highlighted Dubai's vital role in enhancing trade ties on the international and regional trade maps supported by Dubai Ports Authority (DPA).
The DPA serves over 100 shipping lines as they pass on the major trade routes between Europe and the Far East. The Executive Chairman told the delegation that in terms of sea-air cargo, Dubai has one of the fastest transfer times in the world with transit from ship to aircraft achieved within approximately four hours. — (menareport.com)
© 2002 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Azerbaijan Minister of Communications visit Jebel Ali Free Zone facilities
- Special Envoy of Japanese Prime Minister visits the Jebel Ali Free Zone
- korean business presence in jebel ali free zone doubles in two years
- Jebel Ali Free Zone highlights its world-class facilities and services at China Business Summit
- Bin Sulayem visits Dubai Trade new Head Office in Jebel Ali