Consortium led by Siemens to construct, expand Qatari substations
Qatar General Electricity and Water Corporation (Kahramaa) signed a contract worth QR395 million Tuesday with a consortium led by Siemens AG, Germany.
The contract is for the construction and expansion of a number of substations under Qatar Transmission System Expansion: Phase V (substations)-GTC/13/2003.
The project consists of construction of six new substations in Doha – The 220/66/11kV Abu Hamour North Substation, the 220/66/11kV Doha Central Substation, the 132/66/11kV Maither Central Substation, the 132/66/11kV Duhail Substation, the 66/11kV Ali Bin Abi Thalib Street, 66/11kV Substation and expansion and modification work on a number of other substations.
These substations will be completed by March 2006 and will cater to the large power requirements of Kahramaa for the Doha-2006 Asian Games.
According to The Peninsula, Siemens is already executing the transmission network reinforcements related to Ras Abu Aboud Power and Desal-ination Station Project (GTC/-30/2002) for Kahramaa. (menareport.com)
© 2004 Mena Report (www.menareport.com)
- Spanish invasion: Madrid company wins $105 million Kuwait cable deal
- DOHALAND awards construction contract to consortium of Hyundai Engineering & Construction Co. Ltd and HBK Contracting Co WLL
- Thai consortium to construct venue for 2006 Asian Games in Qatar
- Siemens hands over power plant in Abu Dhabi to begin commercial operations
- Siemens Energy Group makes strides in the Gulf